Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My last post about riding ourselves of idols.. is ironic. Can we really get rid of all our idols? I'm not so sure. It seems like every time we rid ourselves of one, another pops up.. or it comes back. I don't know even if the answer to that question matters. It's cool how God uses us in our brokenness. I know that God always makes up for our insufficiency, and when we are weak that is when his power is seen in us- because we are able to do things we couldn't have done otherwise. But this week was really amazing to me- in the midst of a real battle, God decided to use me.. he didn't use my "battle", but he used me elsewhere... I hope that makes sense, but despite everything and who I am... he still wanted me.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

"Sometimes the bravest thing on earth was to sit through the night and feel the cold in your bones. Courage was not always a matter of yes or no. Sometimes it came in degress, like the cold; sometimes you were very brave up to a point and then beyond that point you were not so brave. In certain situations you could do incredible things, you could advance toward enemy fire, but in other situations, which were not nearly so bad, you had trouble keeping your eyes open. Sometimes the difference between courage and cowardice was something small and stupid." The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien

No comments: